Friday, June 24, 2011

Stop Trying to Save me From Hell

I am the black sheep of the family. My brother just quit his family medical practice to go to bible college. In my family it is not good enough to simply be a good person. I am supposed to attend church on a regular basis and get to know other Christian couples--so says my mother. My parents desperately want me to attend church on a regular basis. It is the mission of my mother to get me to heaven. When I go visit my parents, the subject of church always comes up. I can hear my mother now saying, "Jonathan, I sure wish you would become a member of a church and get to know other Christian people." If my parents knew what I really thought they would be devastated. So there are only a few people that I can share my true feelings with. The last two times my parents visited we went to a particular church. I told them that I was attending this church occasionally. However at the intermission, when everyone shakes hands, two women approached me and said, "I don't believe I've seen you before," completely blowing my cover!! This happened both times my parents visited. I was actually attending this church 4 or 5 times per year, but not often enough for these women to remember me. I just wish my parents would just cease and desist, but I know this will never happen.

1 comment:

Mike said...

They care a great deal about you and that is the important thing.